Ms. Lloyd has a broad civil and business litigation practice, in state and federal courts and arbitration, with particular background in complex business litigation including securities, shareholder and fiduciary disputes, contract and licensing disputes, and business torts.
Ms. Lloyd has represented business of all types, from start-up technology companies to large publicly-traded and international entities. She understands technology, software, and media, and has experience in licensing, trademark, and joint venture disputes. She enjoys learning about her client’s business goals and helps efficiently resolve their disputes with competitors, customers, vendors, employees, or shareholders, starting with pre-suit evaluation through trial and appeal.
After starting her career as a federal clerk and at a litigation boutique in Austin, Ms. Lloyd spent several years at a large international law firm before starting her own practice. She completed her training as a mediator in January of 2016 and is a member of the American Arbitration Association commercial arbitrator panel as of May 2017.
- Defended privately-held pharmaceutical company with arbitration dispute with international pharmaceutical holder of intellectual property rights over manufacturing agreement.
- Defended majority California owners of Texas limited partnership over dissolution and valuation of partnership interests.
- Represented individual founder of software company in dispute with other founders and new investors over stock ownership and valuation.
- Defended individual stock traders and publicly-traded corporations in investigations by Securities and Exchange Commission of insider trader allegations.
- Defended individual in Securities and Exchange Commission investigation of violations of broker/dealer provisions of Securities and Exchange Act of 1934.
- Defended issuers of publicly-traded securities in allegations of securities fraud under Securities and Exchange Act of 1934.
- Represented various technology business in seeking emergency injunctive relief related to misuse by former employees of confidential information of employers.
- Defended founders and majority owners in fiduciary claims arising out of merger and acquisitions.
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Barefoot Sanders, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Associate, George & Donaldson LLP
- Of Counsel, DLA Piper LLP (US)
- Brown University, Bachelor of Arts with Honors
- University of Texas School of Law, Juris Doctorate with Honors
- Member, Commercial Arbitration Panel, American Arbitration Association
- Certified Mediator under University of Texas Center for Dispute Resolution
- Member, Texas Bar College
- Named a “Super Lawyer” by Thompson Reuters in 2015, 2016 and 2017 and a “Rising Star” in 2013
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow of the Austin Bar Foundation
Community and Recognition
- Member, Austin Bar Association
- Member, MAMAs (Mother Attorney Mentoring Association)
- Pro Bono Award, Texas Civil Rights Project