Mr. Miller enjoys a broad general civil practice. He advises businesses in transactions involving the lease, sale, and financing of aircraft, commercial transactions, corporate governance and regulatory compliance. He also represents businesses and individuals in business and commercial disputes, employment claims, professional malpractice claims, shareholder and fiduciary disputes and other civil matters. He brings practical and experienced counsel to complex matters.
Mr. Miller is a native Texan, born in Austin, Texas. He graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, and received his law degree from the University of Texas School of Law in Austin.
Mr. Miller started his career as a lawyer for the City of Dallas, and then joined Minton, Burton, Foster & Collins, P.C. in Austin, Texas and later Armbrust & Brown PLLC in Austin, Texas.
Mr. Miller has demonstrated his dedication to the legal profession as a Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation and a Fellow of the Austin Bar Foundation. Mr. Miller is a member of the Texas Bar Association and the Austin Bar Association, as well as the Business Law and Corporate Counsel Sections of the State Bar of Texas. He was also named a “Super Lawyer” in the practice of civil litigation by Thomson Reuters and recognized in U.S. News Best Lawyers in America.
- Aircraft operating lease agreements for lease of Boeing 737-700F and 737-800F model aircraft.
- Sale and purchase agreements for used Boeing 737-700, 737-800, 757-200 and 767-300 model aircraft.
- Sale and purchase agreements for used Embraer ERJ-145LR model aircraft.
- Sale and purchase agreements, lease agreements and financing agreements for aircraft and aircraft engines.
- Maintenance service agreements with aircraft maintenance and repair organizations.
- Conversion and maintenance agreements for passenger-to-freighter modification.
- Defended employer against employment discrimination claim under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Defended lawyer and law firm in lawsuit alleging legal malpractice and violations of the Texas and federal securities laws.
- Defended company in federal court in lawsuit involving suit on a note and claims relating to maintenance and repair of transport category aircraft.
- Defending aviation company in lawsuit alleging breach of contract involving sale of transport category aircraft.
- Defended aviation company in dispute involving carrier’s lien and shipment of engines for transport category aircraft.
- Defended national equipment supplier in lawsuit involving commercial transport, enforcing forum selection clause in commercial contract.
- Defended community bank in lawsuit by individual borrowers alleging numerous business torts, including breach of fiduciary duty and violations of the Texas Finance Code.
- Court-appointed ad litem to represent a minor as next friend in evaluating and issuing reports regarding minor’s civil claims.
- Defended title company in District Court and on appeal against claims by real estate purchaser, which was affirmed on appeal. Peace v. ITCOA, LLC d/b/a Independence Title Company, 2018 WL 9563250 (Tex.App.—Corpus Christi October 18, 2018, pet. denied).
- Defended aviation company in Circuit Court of Miami-Dade County, Florida against claims by airline and obtained dismissal, which was affirmed on appeal. Atlantic Express Airlines v. Jetran Int’l Ltd., Cause No. 3D15-1116 (Fla. 3rd DCA 2016).
- Defended resort owner in lawsuit by condominium developer seeking declaratory judgment and obtained favorable judgment on appeal. Horseshoe Bay Resort, Ltd. v. CRVI CDP Portfolio, LLC, 415 S.W.3d 370 (Tex.App.—Eastland 2013, no pet.).
- Defended lawyer in lawsuit alleging breach of fiduciary duty and obtained take-nothing judgment after bench trial, which was affirmed on appeal. Hale v. Prud’homme, 2009 WL 349155 (Tex.App.—Austin 2009).
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Attorney, City of Dallas
- Partner, Minton, Burton, Foster and Collins PC
- Of Counsel, Armbrust & Brown PLLC
- Texas Christian University, Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- University of Texas School of Law, Juris Doctorate
Community and Recognition
- Member, Texas Bar Association
- Member, Austin Bar Association
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Austin Bar Foundation
- Named a “Super Lawyer” by Thomson Reuters.
- Recognized in U.S. News Best Lawyers in America.
Contact Jeff Miller
Phone: (512) 413-9156 (Jeff)